Malibu Cooking Program Day 1 of 15: Gut Fortifying Curry
Time to Prepare: 30 minutes (30 minutes active)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1-2 medium sized russet potatoes (cubed)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes drained
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- chopped peanuts (optional)
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Prepare the vegetables and begin cooking in the pan. Add cubed potatoes and cook until browned for 5-6 minutes. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds.
Add the wet ingredients to the cooking vegetables. Stir in curry powder, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne, if using. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, until slightly thickened.
Serve hot with fresh chopped parsley or cilantro and chopped peanuts.