Malibu Cooking Program Day 2 of 15: Dark Chocolate Strawberries
Time to prepare: 15 minutes
Ingredients (makes 12 berries):
- 12 fresh large strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate sprinkles
- Rinse and dry your strawberries, making sure there is no excess water clinging to the outside of the berry.
- Once all your berries are cleaned, fill ¼ of a pot with water and heat on medium-low, not enough to boil, but enough that when you hold your hand over the open pot, you feel heat coming from the water.
- Pour chocolate chips into a bowl large enough to fit on top of your hot water pot. The heat from the water will heat the bowl your chocolate is in, and this bowl is where your chocolate will melt in.
- Stir your chocolate chips as they begin to melt in the bowl until a smooth and shiny mixture has formed. Once smooth and silky, dip your strawberries one at a time into the chocolate.
- Place each dipped strawberry onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- After all your strawberries have been dipped in chocolate and placed onto the wax paper lined baking sheet, sprinkle the dark chocolate sprinkles over the tops of the still hot chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Place the baking sheet into the fridge to cool and harden the chocolate, about one hour.
- Once chilled, arrange your dark chocolate covered strawberries into any positions you like –stacked on a plate, arranged in a box with a bow… any arrangement you think will wow your recipient.